- Located just 4.5 hours drive (457kms) south of Perth via the Albany Highway. An easy escape through the Heartland of Western Australia or 6.5 hours drive (700kms) south of Perth through the majestic South West Forests.
- Cape Howe Cottages are well positioned midway between the town of Denmark and the city of Albany on the picturesque South Coast.
- Easy access to Albany Airport with direct flights daily to and from Perth - be here in just over one hour! Click on this link to REX Airlines for more details
- Situated at 322 Tennessee Road South, just off the Lower Denmark Road scenic drive.
- For more information about our managed, privately owned Holiday Home in the Lowlands Beach area, click here.
- Set over 3 separate neighbouring properties of pristine bushland. Two properties are a private nature reserves officially registered as a Land for Wildlife Properties by the Department of Conservation and Land Management.
- Walking trails allow you to freely explore an incredibly diverse range of flora and fauna close up and personal. Observe the natural world on your doorstep.
- Easy walk to swimming and fishing beaches - just 1.5kms from Lowlands Beach and the rugged south coastal cliffs.
- Adjacent to West Cape Howe National Park and the most southerly point of Western Australia.
- Close to the world famous Bibbulmun Track (complimentary drop off service available on request).
- Located on the Munda Biddi Cycle Trail - ride in /ride out. Accredited cycle friendly business providing support and services especially for cyclists.
- Visit the many regional wineries and great restaurants who specialise in quality regional produce.
- Sample seasonal fresh produce from the farm gate - asparagus, blueberries, raspberries, marron, seafood - cook up a real gourmet feast accompanied with a glass of local wine. Or visit the Albany Farmers Market held every Saturday morning for the best produce direct from growers. Click on this link for more details
- Walk in the awakening bush full of vibrant wildflowers and the music of the birds.
- Look for whales and dolphins romping playfully in the turquoise sea. Get up close and personal with Albany Whale Tours and Sailaway Cruises. Or take a thrilling Waverider express tour around the islands. Click on this link for more details
- View the fantastic night sky twinkling brightly away from city lights.
- Learn more about the local history, whales, landscapes and of course food & wine with a Busy Blue Bus full or half day tour. Click on this link for more details
- Browse the many arts and crafts studios for that special souvenier.
- With a general store just a short drive away, convenient for all those essential supplies, there's no need to travel far from comfort.
- Book an aroma therapy massage, reflexology or Reiki treatment at your cottage with our local natural therapist, Christine Platten from True Essence. Click on this link for more details
- Download a copy of "Our Favourite Things to See, Do, Eat and Drink" to help you make the most of your stay. Click here
- Just relax and soak up the peace and quiet.
Suggested Itinerary for a 4 day stay
Many of our guests have told us that they wish they'd stayed longer because they didn't realise how much there was to see and do. So here's a suggested action packed itinerary for 4 day stay or you can always just relax and absorb the peace and quiet that surrounds your private retreat.
- Day 1 - Take your time for a stressfree drive from Perth down the Albany Hwy perhaps stopping in Williams (check out the Woolshed) and Kojonup (Kodja Place is worth a look as well as the many gorgeous gardens in the area.) Not forgetting fantastic pies and cakes at the Kojonup or Mt Barker Bakeries. Arrive at Cape Howe Cottages for check in after 2pm. Unpack and stretch your legs with an easy walk down to Lowlands Beach then relax on the decking to watch the sunset - order a room service pizza or two.
- Day 2 - Leisurely breakfast (pre-order a Breakfast Provisions Basket and be woken by the smell of a fresh hot loaf of bread delivered to your door). Set off towards Denmark stopping at the South Coast Woodworks Gallery then on into town. Turn right over the bridge and follow the Scotsdale Road Tourist Route for spectacular views. Call in at Rockcliffe Estate Wines, Harewood Estate (one of our favourites), Ducketts Mill Wines & cheese, then the Alpaca Farm & Wildlife Park (for the children). Continue down McLeod Road until it meets the South Coast Hwy again, turn right and head towards Walpole and if you haven't done the Treetop Walk - head along Highway to the Valley of the Giants. Don't miss the Toffee Factory for all sorts of confectionery, gourmet delights, burger lunches, cider and soccer golf, Jassi Leather Works, stroll along the beach at Greens Pool and Elephant Rocks then a honey icecream from Bartholomews Meadery or indulge in chocolate delights at The Chocolate Lounge. Good places to lunch are at The Toffee Factory, Ducketts Mill or The Lakehouse if you have time (and room in your stomach!). Pick up supplies in Denmark and a few more bottles at Willoughby Park Winery and Boston Brewery before heading back for a well earned rest (order a room service curry for tomorrow nights meal.)
- Day 3 - Now for Albany. If it's a Saturday, head off early to catch the Farmers Markets in Collie Street - indulge in the best farm fresh produce from around the region or on Sunday's the Boat Shed Markets are a must (great freshly made waffles). Otherwise, breakfast at York Street Café or Dylans is a must. Stroll York Street for a shopping fix then head out along Frenchman Bay Road to Discovery Bay incorporating Whale World and the Biodiversity Park (warning you could end up spending the whole day here!) On the way back, stop off for breathtaking coastal views of The Gap, Natural Bridge, Blow Holes and Wind Farm. Alternatively, if you want to continue to indulge - follow the foodie route visiting outlets providing award winning wines, local beer, whisky, organic cheese, fresh seafood, luscious strawberries, sandalwood oils and more … something for every tastebud. On the way back to Cape Howe Cottages - call in at Cosy Corner Cafe for a great coffee before a quick dip at Cosy Corner Beach or carry on to Shelley Beach for yet more spectacular scenery and a chance to try hang gliding if you dare.
- Day 4 - Are you sure you want to leave? Head off into Albany again but this time take the tourist route past the port and then up along Marine Drive to the Desert Mounted Corp Memorial on top of Mt Clarence - more spectacular views and a good chance of spotting whales (May-Oct). Spend some reflective time at the National ANZAC Centre at The Forts - a truly inspiring experience. Drive on to Middleton Beach and then perhaps lunch at The Squid Shack at Emu Point (can't get much fresher). Find your way back to the Albany Hwy and a quick stop at Mt Romance Sandalwood Factory before continuing on home.
Don't worry there are still many things that you haven't seen or done yet so start planning your next holiday now!