Cape Howe News:
Full Steam Ahead
Well, now that the travel restrictions within Western Australia have now been relaxed, so it's time for you to relax as well.
We had about 8 weeks with no guests but have been spending our time wisely and productively to make your holiday experience even better.
- Cleared some new walk trails around the property with some little secret spaces so you can sit on a log to relax, listen to the birds and reflect on what have been strange days indeed.
- Painted, varnished, super cleaned and prepped all the cottages ready to WOW you once again.
- Had some downtime ourselves to reinvigorate and come back full of umph!
So, over to you now - we'd love to welcome you back
- hit the beach (without the crowds and scorching sand),
- take long walks through bushland still green and fresh,
- sleep soundly with a comforting blanket on the bed,
- order a tasty room service meal and give yourself a night off from cooking,
- watch the myriad of birds enjoying a refreshing bath,
- enjoy the sunset with a glass of local wine,
- shop up a storm at the local growers market
Don't forget there's a long weekend at the end of September and school holidays in October so book now if you don't want to miss out. See you soon.
Book online now.
It's the way holidays used to be.
We take your safety seriously so we have taken extra steps to make sure our property is presented to you as clean and hygienic as possible. Measures in place include:
- We have a designated Hygiene Officer on site who has completed the Australian Hotels Association Hospitality & Tourism Covid-19 Hygiene Officer Course.
- All staff have been briefed and supplied with necessary protective equipment including gloves, masks, aprons, sanitiser etc.
- All cottages are thoroughly cleaned between guest visits and extra precautions taken include (but are not limited to) disinfection of regularly touched surfaces, switches, remote controls etc.
- All chemicals used in the cleaning process are certified commercial strength products (wherever possible we use eco-friendly solutions)
- All bedlinen and towels are commercially cleaned.
- Contactless procedures have been adopted wherever possible.
- All guest information is complete to assist with tracking if required.
These measures do take extra time, so sometimes it may not be possible to allow early check-ins or late check-outs. We appreciate your understanding and wish you a happy (safe) holiday at Cape Howe Cottages.
PS: If for some reason travel restrictions are re-enforced preventing you from travelling, our policy is to provide full refunds of deposits less a $50 fee which is held as a credit towards your future booking.
No Place Like Home
In 2016/17 we toured 10 months around Australia in our caravan. We traveled 33,300 kms through every state and territory (yes, we even took the caravan over to Tasmania on the ferry). We saw a lot of wonderful things, experienced a lot of beautiful places, met a lot of sensational people, ate, drank and indulged in the fabulous local produce. We've climbed mountains, forded streams and found our dream. After 300 days on the road we decided that there is no better place than home! Lowlands Beach - we're here to stay!!! Love the quietness, stillness, calmness, fresh air, no traffic lights for 400kms, ahhhhh the serenity. We'd love you to come and experience it for yourself. Come share our paradise. Gaynor & David Clarke - Owners & Hosts
"The Gold List is exclusive to Star Rated properties and recognises those properties that have achieved the highest Travellers’ Rating using Review Pro’s guest intelligence solution. By making it to the Gold List you are demonstrating your commitment to consistently exceeding your guest’s expectations."
Yes, we made it again in the 2019 listing in the Western Australian Top 10 for Self Catering Accommodation.
Lonely Planet Guide
We are thrilled to be again included in the latest edition of the Lonely Planet Guide for Australia, and we are listed as one of the "Best Places to Stay" and the "Top Choice" for accommodation in Denmark - Western Australia. Having used Lonely Planet Guides ourselves we have found them invaluable tools for travelling. We have many guests telling us that they found us in the Lonely Planet Guides so we know they are a very well respected publication !!
The Lonely Planet Guide states: "Our promise...You can trust our travel information because Lonely Planet authors visit the places we write about, each and every edition. We never accept freebies for positive coverage, and you can rely on us to tell it like we see it."